Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Home, bittersweet, home

As you may have noticed by my recent posts that all involve airports and airplanes I have been traveling a lot. I have been traveling to many small towns and have come to realize that it has been harder and harder to come back to LA. There is something about being in a small town covered with trees, open spaces, and neighbors that know each other that makes it hard to come home to the land of concrete. I was sitting in Mississippi a few weeks ago and realized that what I was hearing were birds and insects and other things that I have come accustomed to not hearing and I realized that it was because it was quiet, I was in the middle of neighborhood street and it was quiet!!! You really notice what a sensory input overload this city is when you step out of it for a minute or two.

2 comments:

  1. This is so true. However, the reverse is also applicable. After you're away from such a big city for quite a while, you really start to miss so many things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definately easier to go from sensory overload to peaceful towns then the other way around.

    ReplyDelete