Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Doing diet commercials makes you fat

“Hi, I’m (insert celebrity name here) and I lost 15 pounds on Jenny Craig”, and now they will gain 40 in the coming months. There seems to be a pattern of diet spokespersons gaining all of the weight back, if not more. My question is this, isn’t losing weight hard enough without putting the added pressure on your self of announcing to the world, “I’m losing weight, look at me”? Who wouldn't go on an eating binge at the thought of failing in front of the world? I know these companies pay a pretty penny to celebrities to be the face of their programs, and that has to be quite enticing, but that money isn’t going to stop you from ballooning back up. There is a laundry list of previous failures for you to learn from. I am all for people losing those extra pounds, getting in shape, and being healthy, just do it in the privacy of your own home, not on a sound stage in Culver City.

No comments:

Post a Comment