Friday, December 10, 2010

Don't text and walk

It is illegal in California to text while driving; it should also be illegal to text and walk. On my way to work yesterday I approached an intersection where I would be making a right turn. There was a woman standing on the corner texting, the light hand been green for a few moments and she wasn’t crossing the street so I proceed to make the turn. Just then she looks up from her phone, sees its green, steps off the curb, and goes right back to texting while crossing the street. I hit the brakes hard and swerved to avoid running her over. The amazing thing was that she never even noticed that she just almost died, she was so focused on her phone that the rest of the world ceased to exist.

Don’t text while walking.... the life you save just might be mine, can you imagine the guilt I would have felt had I run her over!?

No comments:

Post a Comment