Monday, December 20, 2010

Horse Wrecks

I adventured out into the night on Thursday to get to work on my Christmas shopping. As I drove through Burbank, navigating the traffic, it hit me how crazy driving in a crowded city is. We have rules and laws that we have all accepted and follow, we drive on the right side of the road, we go on green, yield on yellow, stop on red, and so on and so forth. Millions of people just inching along following the rules and sometimes people make mistakes and crash into each other. How my brain made the jump to this next thought is beyond me but here it goes. I started to think about the Wild West when everyone rode horses. There were no lanes, no traffic signals, no right of way rules; everyone just went where they wanted. Do you think people ever got into horse wrecks? For example a guy is riding through Tombstone on his horse and he sees a hot girl and isn’t watching where he is going and he t-bones another guy on a horse. What happened then, did they exchange information, did they call the sheriff, and was the guy at fault responsible for paying the vet bill for the damages done to the other horse? These questions all have answers that are useless information but information I wonder about nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment