Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Organ donor


For many years the MacBook given to me by a friend has faithfully served me.  She has traveled many places with me, been my scribe, recording my life.  Sadly, she has started to slow down and I've had to supplement her with a younger, stronger, MacBook pro.  Recently it was decided that she would become an organ donor.  I will be performing the operation myself; she is in good hands. I am putting her original 60gb hard drive back in, while her current 300gb hard drive will be donated to a much more vibrant Playstation 3.  She will still be able get around the Internet and do some light work, but her memory won't be as good; she will no longer be taking on large projects.  If she seems up for the travel, I'm thinking about taking her on my next trip.  
It's funny how a computer can become a travel companion, a confidant, an iFriend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment