Monday, May 7, 2012

Vegas


The residue of torched tobacco hit my eyes before my nostrils and I had only made it to the parking garage elevator.  Within hours my throat was scratchy, my eyes were watering, and my wallet was quite a bit lighter.   Luckily the next morning we were up early and heading away from the windowless ashtray filled with felt tables that seem to never stop calling your name. 

We got to Red Rock for our planned hike and quickly abandoned the leisurely walking trail and began to climb.  Adam, aka the billy goat, pressed ahead, every time we looked, he had scaled another peak, and we followed.  Sitting atop one of the large rock masses we conquered, looking out over a beautiful panoramic view, I realized I would've never guessed one of my best times in Vegas would happen outdoors.

Here are a few pics of the “other” Vegas. 











No comments:

Post a Comment