Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Interested out of hate

I have found myself following the NBA finals and for that matter the end of the conference finals strictly out of a hate for the Lakers. I am not a big sports fan and don’t tend to watch much sports (other than MMA and Golf), but I have been sucked into the NBA playoffs and finals. Let me start by saying that I was a Laker fan as a kid, Magic, Worthy, Scott, Green, I loved showtime. That being said I cannot stand this Laker team. It starts from the top, Kobe, while I admit is a great player, is a complete douche. Everyone says that scoring 82 points in a game was an accomplishment, I think it was a clear sign of what a ball hog he was and how little respect he has for his fellow teammates. That, with the fact that every time he misses a shot he looks at the referees like “where is my foul”, like there is no way he could have missed on his own, is too much for me to get past and see him as this great player. When you add Pau Gasol, the king of the flop and winner of worst actor award, and Sasha Vujacic, who is a Jason Swartzman look-a-like, this is a terrible team that I cannot support.

I keep asking myself “why do I keep watching when I don’t care” and I think the answer is that hate makes me care.



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. http://totallylookslike.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/pao-gasol.jpg

    ReplyDelete