Friday, March 18, 2011

Through the eye of an iPhone

Last night I had the pleasure of seeing the one and only KRS One at a small club. When the man walked on stage there was a sea of pocket-sized recording devices raised overhead. They were trying to capture this moment, save it for all time, what they didn’t realize was that by trying to save the moment, they missed it. While their focus was on making sure they were clearly recording, they weren’t focusing on what was right in front of them, KRS One, he was right there, just feet away, saying “I ain’t got jewels around my neck, but I got your respect”, yet they were seeing him on a small little screen. No matter how many times they watch what they recorded it will never be the moment that was lost.

So...who wants to see the video I shot on my iPhone last night at the KRS One show?

No comments:

Post a Comment