Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Then I was like....and she was like.....and he was like

I can't pin point when the word "like" took over my vocabulary in conversations but I can no longer tell someone about a conversation I had without using "like". I know it is possible, I know that it wasn't always a staple of my communication, but it is an extremely hard habit to break. I am constantly saying "I was like", or "she was like", or "he was like", over and over and over again. If I am telling someone about a conversation I had, every part of the conversation is prefaced with one of these phrases, even when I am talking about what I was thinking. Instead of saying "and then I thought", I say "and I was like". It is fascinating to me that you can develop such a habit without even knowing it but yet trying to change it is like impossible.

3 comments: