Monday, August 9, 2010

Dane Cook is not a douche bag

Dane Cook stopped by the Joe Rogan podcast last week, and as I sat on a plane listening to it, I thought to myself , “why did I stop liking Dane Cook?” I remember the first time I heard Harmful if Swallowed and Retaliation, five of us were driving up to Mountain High to pick up our season passes and Jay said I have something for us to listen to. The five of us spent the entire drive laughing hysterically and quoting back things we just heard. Then something happened, Dane Cook became the best self-promoting comic of all time, he was the first one to utilize Myspace in a way that all of sudden he was playing arenas to crowds of forty to sixty thousand people. He was now popular, everyone knew who he was, everyone was a fan, and everyone was quoting him. Dane Cook had sold out, went mainstream, and people started hating on him. I will admit that I too lost interest and may have called him a douche at one time or another. It’s a strange phenomenon when something you love or enjoy becomes loved and enjoyed by many. What you enjoyed didn’t changed, but you don’t want to be one of the masses, you want to be a part of a small exclusive club. I take back what I said, Dane Cook is not a douche bag……unless he really is, then I stand by my statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment