Sunday, August 15, 2010

Via con Dios good buddy

On August 14th, 2010 I had to say good-bye to a good friend, my 1985 Chevrolet Sprint. I acquired the Sprint in 2003 or 2004 for the price of $500, the Sprint turned out to be priceless. The Sprint was a reliable go-to car for me while I fixed up the Cadillac, when I was in between cars, or I just wanted the feeling of driving a go-kart on the freeway. Then the Sprint did something for me that I never thought I would be able to do, I was able to give my Dad a car. For Father's Day 2005, I passed the Sprint on to my Dad. The Sprint has been getting him back and fourth from work for the past 5 years.

The Sprint and I had many good times and it will be missed. There were the trips to the beach, Mountain High, McCloud's house with 6-8 bikes stuffed in the back, and going places that it just didn't fit in. I always drove the Sprint with pride, even in its later days when it was starting to break down a bit. Just like the many parts on the Sprint that were from the Ecology Auto Center (a pick your own part junkyard) the Sprint made its way there to be a donor to those Sprints that still have a little drive left in them.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment