Thursday, January 13, 2011

Going back to work

I decided tonight, well this morning, it’s 12 am, to watch the premiere episode of Jersey Shore. I didn’t watch season 2 so I thought I would check in and see what’s going on. After watching just the first few minutes I had two thoughts. First, while watching the montage of everyone driving back to the Jersey Shore, I thought, “this is going back to work for them now”, the same as when you or I go back to work after a vacation. Season one they were cast members, it was all new to them, even season 2 when they went to Miami, but now that they are returning to the “Shore” and to the same house, this has become their job. This is now how they earn a living, it’s just another day on the job, getting drunk, fighting, and fucking.

Then while watching the same montage, all I could think was, “how long until one of them is on Celebrity Rehab”? They get paid to party, isn't it inevitable that it becomes a problem for at least one of them? Hell, if Jason from Laguna Beach and the Hills is enough of a celebrity for Celebrity Rehab, Snooki certainly is, she was on the Today show with Matt Lauer!




On a side note, Jersey Shore just doesn’t have the same appeal as it used too. With about 20 minutes left in the episode I found myself flipping channels between it and an old UFC fight, Chuck Liddell vs Tito Ortiz 2. Even though I knew Chuck was going to win by TKO in the 3rd round (because I have watched this fight at least a half dozen times), it was still more entertaining to me than watching Ronnie and Sam being miserable together.

No comments:

Post a Comment