Saturday, January 29, 2011

I walked the streets on my own

I spent the last two days wandering the streets of San Francisco, no particular destination, no set route, no list of things to see. It was just me, walking, all the while Jim Ward’s lyrics rattling around my head on repeat, “I walked through the neon streets of Tokyo on my own”, inspiring me. When I saw something that looked interesting I stopped, changed my direction, sat, whatever felt right. I discovered that this is a great way to see a city. Too many times when you have a list of things that you want to see, you are too focused on the destination, and you miss all the hidden treasures along the way. Next time you are in a new city that is accessible on foot, take a day or two to just get lost, you might find what you are looking for.

Photobucket

1 comment: