Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Don't sweat the imaginary stuff


I feel it coming on, my shoulders tighten, my stomach knots, I am dreading whatever it is I am about to do. I find reasons to put if off, prolonging the stress and anxiousness. It hasn’t happened yet, but in my mind I have seen all the worse case scenarios. I have run them over and over and tried to figure out how I will handle each and every one.  Then the event happens and most of what I was stressed and worried about never occurs. So much time and energy was wasted on things I was projecting. Not to mention all the physical discomfort that came along with it.  Yes it is good to be prepared, but to cause myself unnecessary stress over things that as of that moment only exist in my head is harmful.   I gotta learn to not sweat the imaginary stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment