Saturday, February 9, 2013

Handmade


There is something satisfying about taking a piece of material; wood, metal, leather, a car or motorcycle, and with your two hands transforming it into something new and different.  The ability to have a vision in your head and through the use of your body make that vision become a form and shape in the world. Whether it’s through the use of hand tools or by the human force you can exert with your hands themselves.  I have always been drawn to seeing the way something is done or made and then finding a way to do it myself.  This curiosity and fascination has taken many paths in my life. From modifying bicycles, to modifying cars, altering clothes, and even teaching myself to cut my own hair.  There always seems to be something that I have my hands on, tinkering and fiddling with, trying to get it match what I envision in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment