Saturday, March 6, 2010

Soundtrack to my life

I was listening to Kid Cudi's Soundtrack 2 My Life yesterday, and that combined with watching the Biography of Vanilla Ice last week really got me thinking about the soundtrack to my own life. When you think about it there are songs, artists, and albums, that play a part in telling the story of your life. I felt as if I was channeling John Cusack in High Fidelity when I ventured down my musical memory lane. For me it is everything from Vanilla Ice, Another Bad Creation, DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince in my elementary school days, to Boys II Men and Ice Cube's Players Club in junior high, to my first explicit lyric album I bought the summer before high school, Warren G Regulators. Then in high school I was introduced to Weezer and Green Day and I ventured down a new path. After high school came country, then jazz, some classical. To this day certain songs will take me right back to that place I was as clear as it was yesterday.

Sometimes you just need to "stop, collaborate, and listen" to the soundtrack of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment