Monday, March 1, 2010

That's so NOT how that happened

I was watching a show the other night and a woman was telling the story about how she found out she had a heart murmur and this was what she said “the doctor walked into the room and said ‘how long have you had a heart murmur?’ and I said ‘excuse me, what do you mean heart murmur?’” The first thing that came into my head was that is 97 percent NOT how that conversation went. That conversation might have gone like that if it was a scene in a sitcom. We are a society so influenced by television that we now tell our own stories as if they were part of a TV show. I am guilty of this as well, I have on occasion finished telling a story and thought “wow that is actually a modified, more entertaining, version of what really happened.”

1 comment:

  1. i thought the same thing when i saw project runway... hahaha

    ReplyDelete