Sunday, March 28, 2010

Take your "butts" outside

In California smoking indoors has been banned for a long time. Unfortunately in Milwaukee that is not the case. I was having dinner in a restaurant the other night in downtown Milwaukee and there were a few gentleman at the table next to us smoking. Surprisingly the smoking indoors didn't bother me too much, what did bother me was when I got back to my hotel room and I realized that my clothes stunk like stale cigarette smoke. Even when I smoked I hated that smell, I would wake up in the morning and smell my clothes from the previous night and it would make me sick. That smell is one of the main reasons that I quit smoking. What made it even worse was that the sweatshirt I was wearing that night was the only one I had on this trip, so for the rest of the trip I have to wear a sweatshirt with a faint stale cigarette smoke smell, old spice body spray can only cover up so much of that smell. Again this goes back to being considerate of those around you, just because you don't mind smelling like a bowling alley from the 70's doesn't mean I don't.

"Consideration for others is the basis of a good life, a good society." -Confucius

No comments:

Post a Comment